Saturday, November 04, 2006

Getting used to this...

So, that's what I am trying to do... get used to having a blog AND posting on it. Not so good...yet...


Anyway...

That last post - the one about the guy from my church. He died. I knew that it was going to happen. Everyone knew. And it bothered me more than I thought it would. I felt like I shouldn't have been sad because I didn't know him too well, we weren't that close... But it hit me hard. I was - am - so sad. For his family - I am glad that they do not have to see him in pain, but now they are in pain. He leaves a young husband and 2 young children... lots of friends and family. I went to the funeral. It was so hard to go. I had a hard time thinking outside of myself. I didn't want to go because I was sad. It's not about me. I wanted to go to remember and be there for his family. I am glad that I went - it was very sad, but nice to be around so many people who love and honor a wonderful guy. I brought K. with me. It was a Friday afternoon, so he wasn't in daycare. It was outside and rainy. It was amazing, though. It was like K. knew to be quiet and that we were somewhere sacred. I can't explaini it. It feels a little weird to say "he was so good," and "he just knew," but he did. I was so proud of him, and also felt good that I was able to help him learn how to act. If that makes any sense...

That was last month...

Now, we are preparing to host a Thanksgiving Day celebration at our house. That means a lot of cleaning!!!! As much of a paini it is, it's nice to have something to get us moving on straightening up the house! We have hosted TDay before, but this will be the first time with K. here! I am excited about creating traditions with and for him. I love TDay. It's not a religious holiday, for one. It's also such a beautiful time of the year - especially in New England. It's usually cold outside, but warm inside - warm with freinds and family. AND... I usually polish off a bottle of winie by noon and feel pretty happy! :) The stress of having so many people to our house gets to me. I am then banished from the kitchen and just have a great time!

K. and I are travelling to Atlanta, GA (aka HOTlanta) in a couple of weeks. That's where his godparents live. I am excited! He has flown before, so hopefully that will be ok. I am just excited that he will have some time to spend with his wonderful godparents. His godmother is my best friend. We've known eachother sinice 2nd grade - so that's...25 years! Holy crap!!!! She's just a great woman. What else can I say? Her husband is K.'s godfather. I've known him sinice they've been together - I think that's 10-ish years? Anyway, he is a great guy. When we were deciding on godparents, we were having a hard time. We are UU, so it's not expected that you pick godparents. People do, because most folks come from a Catholic or Christian background. C. really wanted him to have godparents. I wanted to do it right if we were going to do it, and not just pick one of our sibs because they are our sibs. And then hurting someone's feelings... Kind of silly, really. We know that everyone loves him very much. SO... we picked our friends because they are good people - hold similar beliefs to us. But different, too, so K. will learn things from them that he will not from us. But also, and more importantly, spiritual. I know that, if anything should ever happen, they will teach K. how to be a good, kind, and loving man. That's all that matters to me, and I know that they would do that. So, that's my long story about our trip to Hotlanta! It will be a fun one! :)

Alrighty! That's it for now! Please bear with me while I try to update and get used to this blog thing. I like it - it's fun, I just forget about it sometimes!

No comments: