Friday, September 29, 2006

money (& sex)

C. got a part time job yesterday. I should be excited because she has been saying that she would get one for a long time now. But I feel bad that she has to work a second job. I wish that we didn't have to, but right now, we do... She will be working at Dick's. She's a sporty gal, so she is looking forwardf to it. Hopefully it will only be for a little while... we'll see. We are making a "plan" to pay off some of (or all of) out bills so that we don't need an extra job. with me taking this new job - even though I am home and we are saving on daycare, travel, etc. - it's a little tighter than we would like. and, even though we made it through last year when c. lost her job, i am still stressing about it. money is definitely a stressor in our relationship. we don't talk about it much. i try, but it's never a good time, according to c. c's reaction is that "everything will be fine." mine is "everything will be fine" doesn't pay the bills. i guess we are on opposite ends of that one - it can be a good thing, just sometimes i would like a little validation for the way that i feel. and money is like sex - it's one of those things that isn't always appropriate to talk about. at least, with sex, we both agree - sleep is what we really need right now. ;) and, like i have said, we really would like another baby, so that's really pushing us to get this money stuff in order. i know that there will always be bills, i would just like to get rid of the ones that have been hanging around for awhile... does anyone out there have any words of wisdom? any financial planner-types with the answer?

there's my money rant... thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Holly said...

LOL...C is like me. I always say "things will just work out" and it makes Lois nuts. She wants a plan. I have no plan. Things will just work out. I hope.